Wednesday 13 January 2016

Interview with Grigor Dimitrov in Sydney

Difficult conditions, windy weather and a good rival. I am glad that I finished the match in two sets and expect tomorrow's match, "began his press conference Grigor Dimitrov after defeating Pablo Cuevas in the second round in Sydney 7-6 (2) 6-4.

"At the moment I need to play as many matches, which will benefit me in the beginning of the year not only my ranking in the rankings, but for purposes that are trying to achieve. In The off his training spent a lot of things I want to apply in their play in official matches. "

Then Dimitrov was asked why he looked angry on the court: "Because I wanted more. If I can finish the game faster, why not do it? Always try to extract maximum. If you have an edge, why not take and preserve energy and to gain more confidence? But I played solid tennis throughout the match and created many opportunities. Mentally I felt good. "

"Against Dolgopolov I played a few matches on different surfaces. He is an interesting player and you never know what to expect. Here the conditions are fast and are very suitable for Alexander. It will surely be a tough match, but I'm here to play and whoever is against me, I will try to focus on their work and on what to do. "

Grigor and summed up his performance so far this season: "I'm happy with the way I play. Federer played excellent second set, but then I made a few mistakes that cost me a breakthrough in the third. But generally do well and aim high in every match. "

For his staff and Davin: "We have created a good team. It is different from all the coaches and a different approach. We had excellent preparation period and emphasized on the things that are most pressing. Now think about the upcoming tournaments will have the opportunity to spend more time together.

The approach to our work of Franco and training with him are different. He saw me in the game things that I and previous coaches were not noticed and it pleases me. I worked hard on the serve and return of serve, because I felt that the first hit in my game did not work well enough. Now everything is in place, and have a clear plan for the structure of dictate play.

Still looking for its identity as a player, but sometimes it's really hard because I have so many tools and do not know which one to use. Now I try to clean maximum game. "

Gregory was asked whether his talks with Davin for his former graduate - Juan Martín del Potro. "Not obazhdame work of Franco Juan Martin, I'm not that type of person. I focus on your goals and this can have a good team, so I believe in the skills of Davin and not ask such questions. I have not spoken with Juan Martin, but I always try to'm optimistic and nadavyam to return to the court this year or next year. "

Australian journalists are interested in the views of Dimitrov for the finals in Doha: "I had the opportunity to watch the matches of Djokovic and Nadal, but we all know that Novak currently playing amazing tennis. And yet, you never know when you will get an opportunity against the best regardless of the tournament. Players like Milos Raonic, Kei Nishikori and me, we all work for the same goal, and one day we will have the chance to achieve it. " ended Grigor.