Wednesday 20 January 2016

Interview with Grigor Dimitrov after rround 2 in Australian Open

Grigor Dimitrov said he experienced discomfort after losing the second set against Argentine Marco Trunheliti. "We just have to play one more set," said Bulgarian press conference after the game. Grigor define as "exciting" new upcoming meeting with Federer.

- Could you tell us what happened in the second set?
- He played very well. I know what it is when you do not feel any pressure in and out of court, to have fun messing few strokes and the next moment must save several break and rendering mode protection. It happened, nothing special, I was not worried, I just need to play more Reduction A set.

- Should now match with Roger.
- Two weeks ago I played against him, obviously no easy match, but I feel that I played well and I already have a few games behind. For me it's exciting that we will play in the third round and it would be against it. Going out to show the best of ourselves and hope to play better than Brisbane, maybe I'll do some things differently.

- As for the game in Brizan, do you think that he was not 100% physically and something was wrong with his game?
- Even if something is wrong with him, he always plays well. Never show your opponents that there is a problem, but I think I had my chances, especially after winning the second set. But all I know how he plays - an incredible athlete. This is a game you want to play, I want to go out on the court and the outcome of the game is different. I hope.

- Has already played a few games this year - how would you compare your game in 2016 and with this in 2015-a?
- The last few months of 2015 but were not so bad, I think I played well in Basel and Paris and graduated with good style, playing good tennis. I did not have much time to rest after tournaments immediately began work for the new season. It was important for me - to do a good preparation and start the new season fresh and ready. For now gets - I won a few games and I gathered confidence. I think this is important at the beginning of the year.

- Did you have any specific goals you this season?
- Always set a goal to play well every tournament. I want to give out 100%, and to show the best of what I am capable of. Every tournament is difficult to predict what will happen and one race can change everything. But I do not know who and when will this tournament.

- Have some of the best and you hit one of the most well-prepared physically rounds. When you started working with Davin on what you decided to focus more - or mind power?
- I think the combine work. I mentioned earlier that Franco has a different approach and our work ethic is a little different than what I had before. But I think that emphasized most of the serve and return of serve. I want to say that these are two of the most important things in tennis. Hit me good enough, but it's how they combine and how savor, if I may say so. These are the very details that are very important to me. And at the same time try to simplify things.

- Overcoming the disappointment you Sydney?
- It's hard. I did not have much time to think since I came to Melbourne the next day and played on Monday. I did not sleep that night. In matchball he had over 20 beats and you can select another option, but luck was on the other side. But I accept things as they are. There's nothing to do.

- What hurts more - that or one of setball against Djokovic Wimbledon?
- What happened there? I forget.

- Three setboall ...
- Yes, I remember. That's how it was. You have opened another wound. (laughing)