Thursday 7 January 2016

Federer : " Dimitrov can return to Top 10 in 2016"

“I hope he does come back, because I think he's an exciting player to watch,” Federer told TENNIS.com. “Definitely has got his work cut out because his ranking has dropped a bit. Draws get tougher from there; sometimes you catch a bad draw and you don't necessarily play poorly, but you can't improve your ranking because you've just maybe run into Novak [Djokovic] early, or whatever happened.

“I think he's got to wait for the right moments and then obviously pounce. I think he's also got to win the matches that he's won this week already. Just tough it out. Sometimes on the outside courts, sometimes against a guy like Gilles Simon, where the breaker goes left and right and at the end you somehow come through without being so convincing. And all of a sudden you put in the best performance against that big guy on the big court.

“Then you got your confidence back. I think his confidence dropped quite a bit last year, and then I think he was also trying to switch racquets. I think all of that, combined together with the pressure, and then rolling into Wimbledon was a bit too much. Expect him to be in a better state of mind this year, so I think it's going to come very close to Top 10 this year.”ended Federer.



by tennis.com