Friday 22 January 2016

Grigor: "Achieve my goal in Australia, now I need" rest

Grigor Dimitrov said that the loss of Roger Federer in the third round in Melbourne is painful, but leaves Australia with the feeling that it is able to do its job and to achieve what he wanted. Bulgarians confirmed that he felt pain in the elbow, which made ​​even more difficult for him on the court.

- Play against one another and two weeks ago. What was different this game? How you are presented today on the court?
- I have a feeling that can play better tennis throughout the match. After the second set I got hit a little flat. My goal in Australia had to play many matches, played a dozen, so I achieved what I wanted. I was hoping for a better result will not lie. From such losses always hurt, but on the other hand lately I have not played these games. I better be present, just some time I have not played matches at this level and it is nice to have had this opportunity.

- I heard your coach say that your arm hurts ...
- I have a slight pain in the elbow, as I said - I played quite matches and had no time to rest. I went to Brisbane from Sydney and almost every day I fight. After the finish I flew straight here and I played on Monday. I had a day's rest between the two meetings, but apparently not enough. I took me some time to adapt, to feel his racket - small things that were not right. I knew there was a risk, but I achieved what I wanted in Australia, so I will continue with my head held high, will continue to work and play.

- General things for you going in the right direction as opposed to 2015-a. Do you feel that you have already gone back on the right path?
- To slow things fall into place, but when you lose matches against top players, then see how much work you still have to finish, which is nice for our team - it helps us to see where we are and what we need to do more. At the same time it does not discourage me, do not lose every game. I think in the beginning of the year showed good tennis and that is important. Forthcoming many tournaments. I intend to go to court and use the accumulated confidence at the moment and will continue to try. Every game is different and at the moment I'm concentrating on my own game.

- Do you intend to revise its program to give yourself more space and time?
- We'll see now lost points and this will affect my ranking and I need matches to get back the position. We will discuss this issue with the team and decide which tournaments will play at the same time no one wants to fly back and forth. My body feels good, I'm tired, but I think more mentally than physically, after nearly four weeks racing. So I need some rest, we need to review and analyze my matches here, to see where we can improve and how we're doing at the moment.

- As you look back a year and a half, now from a distance of time, you see the moment that things got bad?
- Each season one learns much about himself and his game, 2014 was a great year, I wore on the crest of a wave. Earn points I played well, I had a lot at easy all the time, and that changes things a lot. The next season was pretty heavy - I had problems with the rocket, there was change in the coaching staff, and all this is important, they are tired and you takes your attention. In the next moment you realize that in a difficult situation. This happened to me.

- Do you think David Goffin can beat Federer?
- He is a great player, I played a few times with him talented. Everyone has a chance on the court, no matter against whom out. You do not know what will happen, it may be your day. It will be difficult, that's for sure, but everything depends on both the court.

- Do you feel more stability with Franco, a good foundation on which to build?
- Everything started well, but still everything is new, there are things that should be fine. At present, however I can not complain. At the moment I'm concentrating on the things that have to do whether or workout in the gym. I'm here to work. Once you start doing all this and it takes off, then it becomes a habit and it will work.

- Will you play in Sofia?
- At the moment we are not yet aware of the tournaments to play and what to do after Melbourne. Obviously, for me it is very important at this time to rest and to assess where we will head.

- You said that in Australia you achieved what you wanted. But ultimately surely your desire was to continue even further?
- Definitely.

- If you go back, would you change anything. Do you feel it was important to play all these games?
- No no. I mean, that was one of the rare cases in which part of the tournament in the week before the Grand Slam. I have not done it. I do not regret any of its decision to date. My work will pay off. I wanted to gain matches and lost by strong competitors - twice by Roger and finale Troitsky.

- A lot of buzz about your personal life. How do you manage to stay concentrated?
- I really try not to think about it. My life is mine. Who is the man next to me is my decision and my work. I focused on what I do.

TennisKafe.com