Wednesday 8 July 2015

Patrick Mouratoglu about Grigor

French coach Patrick Mouratoglu give curious interview "Bulgaria Today".

Q. Do you remember the first time I met Gregory, and what was your impression of him?

- We met when he was only 14 years old. Even then thought has everything needed to become topsastezatel. So I invited him to train at my academy and be a sparring partner Marcos Baghdatis, who was then in the Top 10.


Q. What did you see in him as a potential?

- He had the whole package - style physics game character. Even then I knew there was a great future ahead of him. I saw this in him and invited him to work together.


Q.What do you think is missing to reach the top and to stay there?

- This is something that the people around him should comment in more detail. It's hard for me not to have a professional relationship with him now. If you ask me the same question for Serena will answer your place (laughs).

Q. Dimitrov left without a coach after the release of Roger Rasheed. Would you work together again?

- Yes, I would, for sure. Currently I am working with Serena Williams, but I do not exclude such a possibility in the future. It is one of the few players with whom I worked on coaching principles. I think it has the potential to win at least one or two grand slams in the future.


Q. When will win these tournaments you think?

- Quite possibly this is to become a reality in the next few years. There it yourself.






By "Bulgaria Today"