Friday 3 July 2015

Interview with Grigor Dimitrov after his loss today.

Grigor Dimitrov ended their participation at this year's Wimbledon, after the match of the third round failed to overcome the resistance of Richard Gasquet, retreating 3-6 4-6 4-6 for their fifth loss in five appearances with the Frenchman.

"I had many opportunities to break back in the first set, then the second half was also tight. I had their chances, but he played very good tennis today. When you miss those opportunities, then it is very difficult to get back in the game," said Grigor.

"I will not hide my disappointment, but at the same time we must stick with his head because it was little progress. With each passing game I played a little better, and that's good news for me. At the moment things do not go the way you want it, but do not have to blame yourself too much, "finished Dimitrov.

"We feel confident, especially since I won in three sets against a player like Dimitrov. I ran great and will be fresh for Monday," said the lucky winner who in the next phase will seek revenge by Nick Kiryos for his loss of Australian Wimbledon last year, when missed nine matchpoints and stepped in five sets.