Tuesday 14 July 2015

Maggie Maleeva: All the criticism that poured into Grigor, is not justified

Magdalena Maleeva and Australian Renee Stubbs triumphed with the title of Wimbledon legend, and after the tournament gave an extensive interview with "New TV", which speaks not only for his performance in the race itself, but also for separation between Grigor Dimitrov and Roger Rasheed.

"Three of our four matches were very difficult, it was not just the final. It was very nice to win, even if something is not so significant. For four or five times I have participated in this competition. It organizers arranged couples we we can not choose who to play with and so far I've always had a different partner.

"I think the decision of Grigor to split with his coach was expected. I was glad when I saw the news. I think it was time to do something new. Now all of us will be interesting to see who will be the next coach. Great coaches in tennis are not very much. I think it would be hard to find, but certainly his action is correct. Otherwise year Grigor certainly not good. Me it does not surprise me because I know how incredibly difficult it is to be at this level.

We should not forget that he is one of the best players in the world and what it failed to do last year was amazing. If you managed to do it every year, it will be even more amazing. Yes, he has the potential to do more, but this is not a guarantee. At this level must be very strong mentally. Not to say that it is not. All the criticism that poured into him is not justified. If there are still weaknesses, how they are, then it is in the top 20 of the world? I hope to be able to focus again and get a very good man who inspired him and can reveal potential.

However, only half a year has passed, there is still a lot. I hope he's healthy and things are going well. The coach is not the most important thing in the world, but in this case for now it's really important to find the right person. And I hope to succeed. - ended.