Friday 3 July 2015

Dimitrov ready to make racquet switch official .

Grigor Dimitrov, who plays with a Wilson racquet, began using a black frame following the U.S. Open, switched to another version at Rotterdam, and is now on yet another model. He says he is almost ready to officially unveil his his current set-up.

"No, it's work in progress.  It's going to be I think all the colors, and everything will be out pretty soon so everyone would see what it is," he said at Wimbledon.

"Yeah, there are things, certain things that are important for me in the racquet and I think the process has been good.  We are coming down to our final weeks of tuneup, and after that, it's going to be out there and everybody will be able to see and have that racquet."

The 24-year-old won three titles the previous season, but is currently 2-3 over three events coming into Wimbledon. Dimitrov has not won a title this season but has said that he does not want comparisons with his previous performances.

"The worst part is when you start being judged that way by winning or losing, and I think last year, yeah, sure, I had an unbelievable year and all that, but, you know, it's pretty hard to just back up every time you've got to go out there and play," he said. "Everyone is working. You're not the only one that is working hard. You've just got to take things the way they are and accept them and strive.

"For me, I don't feel I'm down or anything like that. I just feel that I have put serious work in me and there is a lot of miles behind me at the moment."

After previously hinting at a possible coaching change, Dimitrov said he is now counting on himself to
improve. He has worked with Roger Rasheed since 2013, winning his first four titles and rising into the top 10 with help from the Australian coach.

"Of course there is a lot of things you can work on and change and all that, but first I think you should look at yourself before you actually start trying to find excuse in the other people, whether it's going to be coach, physio, family or whoever else is on your side," said Dimitrov.

"I had a few ups and downs here and there, but, you know, that's in the game. I felt that I have learned a lot from last year, because everything was pretty much rolling and to my favor everywhere. I played in every tournament that I had. I always had good results, and, you know, that was great. But, you know, sometimes it comes down to a few points here and there and that's why you lose matches.  I felt that this year I had quite a few good results, but in the same time I had quite a few bad ones."