Monday 19 January 2015

Dimitrov in 2 round in Australian Open

Grigor Dimitrov easily passed the 1 round of the Australian Open, defeating Dustin Brown, 6: 2, 6: 3, 6: 2 and advanced to the 2nd round where he will face Lukas Laco. The match is scheduled for Wednesday.

 

 The Bulgarian was satisfied with the game.

This was the beginning wanted?
 

 - Yes, it was a good start for me. Of course, I expected to be difficult. The conditions were good. I think everyone is difficult to find a rhythm and get used to the court. It was quite windy. I think my start was good.

What are your goals for this year?

 
- Always have goals, especially when it comes to the Grand Slam. This does not mean that others are less important, but in each race to go to win. At the same time we know that one event can change all of your program. So if I can summarize my goal is to win where I play. But above all, the specific purpose ... I do not think I'm a man.

 

From working with Roger Rasheed, how much improved. What has changed?

 
- Together we are more than a year and find a good platform to work. We have a good relationship. All of these components are very important, especially if you want to be close to his mentor. Although I do not think that we are perfect, but we develop all deteyli - training, planning, participation. I think very positively affects my game. I would say that it is about the details. Especially in big games and important points.




 

Helps in this style is an Australian?
 
- I think so. But I always have great support in Australia. Sometimes I feel like a local when I see all these people on the court, shouting at me. It certainly helps and stimulates.


Did you know that some Bulgarian fans?   
- Private - no, but I think here last year and it is great to see them again.
 


Dustin is a strange player. As might be hard on him?
- It's never easy for him, but I knew what I must do. Most importantly, I entered the pitch collected and calm. I do not think I left him a chance to play and use their best shots. I think it derail. After a few breaks, I realized that the game will be good for me, but I had to focus on.

 

Does he know personally?
- Yes. More or less.

 

Helps success in court if friendly and helpful? This makes it easier to deal with moments of stress and tension?
- I think it helps, but sometimes I think it might suffer the negative, if you think about it. I just never thought about this issue. I think that when it comes to some of the games that can help. At the same time should think isolated. If you are playing against a really good friend, not so friendly on the pitch. On the other hand, can be a lot of things out of court, but everything is decided. Come out to show your best game and forget about everything else.


  Is shy to court?
- Do not.






How the court?
- Courts are fast. During the warm-up it was dark and cold, and I asked, "Lord, so there will be a full version of the game?". But then it became sunny and pleasant, but quite windy.



Milos Raonic has a new hairstyle. Nick Kiryos also interesting hair. Have a question, and you haircut, right?
- I think I went through that phase. I made a nice haircut. I think you guys look good, but how the audience will appreciate them. (Laughter)