Sunday 18 October 2015

Interview with Grigor Dimitrov in Stockholm Open

Grigor Dimitrov is already in Stockholm, where next week will begin their participation in the IF Stokholm Open against a player that went through qualifying. The tournament will always be special for Bulgarians because it was here in 2013, he won his first ATP title.
Last season Grigor lost the final of Tomas Berdych and now can draw more of them face in quartelfinal. Here's what Dimitrov said in an interview with local media:


- Made a strong run in Stoklom last season. What is the feeling you here again?
- I'm always happy to be back in Stockholm and will remember this place because here I won my first title. I feel very nicely stocked here, which is important when you play a tournament. I know people who deal with the organization of the tournament and the atmosphere is great.

- Are connected with Sweden through several coaches you, including Johann Yortegren with whom you are going now. What can you tell us about your cooperation?
- This has always been a sensitive issue for me, working together with Johan for several months and our relationship is good. Now is the time to build around me a strong structure with the right people, looking for one more person who could bring something different. This process is not finished yet, and until the end of the year there are more tournaments, so I try to keep my composure and then to prepare for next year strongly.

- This year is definitely hard for you. How would you comment on your game?
- Changes made on and off the court, and this is reflected, but I think I learned a lot. I know that if I want to achieve something really big, you need to surround yourself with the right people and to follow your path. I do not regret the decisions that I took this year. My season is not so bad, but should be back on the court and to find my rhythm. I have problems with my confidence because I lost several contested match, but this is something I quickly regained.

- What are your goals for 2016 and?
- I still can not talk about my goals for 2016 and, because I have a lot to do in 2015-a pretty decisions that must be taken.

- How does it reflect the tension that comes from the media?
- I will not lie, as I do not want to read or hear much, they still reach me. Tension is an integral part of what we do, so you have to accept it. For myself I know I was doing the best under pressure, but many people judge me and forget that they do not know all the details that I know. So time for me to come, I do not want to rush or try to prove to anyone, and to do things his own way.

- In Stockholm there are many members of the Top 20 and Top 30. Who are your biggest rivals for the title?
- The scheme is very strong. This is the end of the season and is a matter of feeling - whether your opponent is tired, if you feel well. You must take every advantage that you can provide and try to win the match. Anyone can play quality tennis whether a member of the Top 10 or Top 20. You know you'll have your chance, but you know that will face serious rivals.