Saturday 3 October 2015

Interview with Grigor Dimitrov by WeAreTennis.com

Grigor Dimitrov is definitely in transition. The best bulgarian player still can not found the right rhythm of the game, to provide him with a solid winning streak this season, and now see the solder with eventual new coach - Franco Davin. The talent we stood in front of the camera WeAreTennis.com and take stock of the season, his career and for his relationship with tennis. Here's the interview:

- What would you like people to know about you?
- For me? ... I leave fans to answer this question, trying to maintain and update their profiles on social networks as often as possible, for everyone to feel free to ask if you want to understand something about me .

- How would you describe your season so far?
- Obviously, I have a hard season. I have difficulties to find his game, maybe more matches lashed my ego is not so high. I'm not completely confident in your shots, but I am not ashamed to admit it and work on this problem. By the end of the year there is enough tournaments and will try to show the best of what I am capable of. The most important thing is to feel healthy and finish the season with a positive feeling. With the right setup and the necessary efforts, I believe that I can achieve very good results in the remaining months.

- Do you think that the pressure of expectations to repeat 2014 when I made ​​the big breakthrough is part of the reason for the decline this year?
- I would not call it "my big breakthrough." Yes, my results have improved, but that came as a result of my previous seasons in the professional tour and the experience gained. Of course, at that time I had people around me who helped me get to the next level. Now I realize that I assumptions and errors ... The way I trained, we do some things. But it is quite another topic of conversation. It is not easy to repeat such a year provided that each of the Top 100 is presented to a great level and there are no easy matches. I am aware of this, yet I think still do not lose in the first round of each tournament. Rather difficult to reach the final stages of the race, but there were really important matches in which I had match points or served for victory. The differences are really tiny and I hope to go through this period in order to regain the level.

- Do you feel that at times like too much of yourself?
- Strict am to myself. Although train quality always tell myself that could handle even better and this season comes from 2014, when I won 50 games. I had so much time to train, but now the situation is different, so try to find a balance, to build the best possible team around him and go from there. Tennis is not a sprint but a marathon. I have time to sit down and assess the situation.

- You mentioned your team. This year experiences changes in professional and personal level.How they affected you?
- Many things have changed and I think everyone is passing through a similar period at least once in their lives. Do you have something for a period of time and then the whole idea of ​​what you're doing, it's just different. Try to find new ways and new rhythm, to build back their lives.

- The fact is that you must do all this in front of the lens. With Maria Sharapova were among the most attractive couples and Roger Rasheed liked to "fall in frame" ...
- I'm used to. There will always be people who will speak, denounce and write about, but okay.I just do not like anyone to discuss anything related to Maria or Roger because only three of us are aware of the whole situation. All that has happened is our job and no one else. Even if you do not want to hear speculation, however, just can not avoid them.

- And yet your behavior on and off the court wins uvazhanieto all. How does this behavior?
- Definitely my mother and my father has always been my role models. Bulgaria left early, but they at any time have I followed my development closely. I owe them everything. I want to tell you something else - tennis is only one part of my life, so you can win, I might lose. At this point I can only try to go forward. Recently I asked a fun question: "Will you win a Grand Slam title?" Yes, I would like, but if does not happen, life goes on. Currently I am living the dream, but the time will come to say goodbye to tennis and real life begins.

- However - what you hope to achieve in tennis?
- Honestly, when I first entered the top 10, my goals were much higher. I am looking at the Top 5 and was thinking of grand slam titles. At the moment, I would not say that I am very far, but you just have to climb back to the time before the big goals. I'm sure I'll have more missed chances because that's life, but at the end of my career I do not regret anything.

- What is your favorite part of your profession? And in fact, there is a tennis professional?
- When I was 19 or 20 years ago, a Challenger tournament really turned my understanding. I traveled a lot and I thought 'I have to go there and there and there ... "At one point I realized that it" should "go anywhere, and" want "to go, because this is the life that I like. From that moment on, tennis was not working for me and became my dream and passion. Sometimes there are difficult moments, but it is in any relationship (laughs).

Source: WeAreTennis.com