Tuesday 20 October 2015

Interview number 2 with Grigor Dimitrov in Stockholm Open

Grigor Dimitrov is one of the biggest stars of IF Stokholm Open - finalist in 2014 and champion in 2013 and definitely interest in it is high. Here is an interesting interview that Bulgarians give to tournament organizers.

- When the tour you do not have do the laundry, cook or clean, but home what you prefer to do?
- At home, try to focus on things you want to do - whether CE will walk out or just get a car and drive around, things like that make me feel satisfied and make me see clearly. These are the things that I rest. Of course, every time I have the opportunity to spend time with his family.

- But cleaning, cooking or laundry - what do you prefer?
- I love to wash their clothes. Cook when I want to impress. Cleaning - I can handle it, but I'm better when I do not have.

- When you say, I like to spend time at home. Where is this?
- In the last year and a half living in Monte Carlo. Wonderful place in Europe and you can easily get to all points is near the east coast of America. Very nice place, quiet, there are excellent courts and everything is simple.

- Travel around the world, do you feel more like a citizen of the world than Bulgarian?
- I am Bulgarian, I Bulgarian passport, but of course, that when you travel so much in the moment you feel a citizen of the world, but we should not forget its roots. It is very easy to become presumptuous, going around the best places in the world. In such moments must be slowed to look around, to be modest. I think as his more modest, the better.

- Are you superstitious?
- I'm superstitious, but do not go crazy. For example, use the same shower in the locker room, sometimes stepping on certain lines, but do not put bottles in a special way. I try not to overdo it.

- Started the season under №11. What were your goals at the beginning of the year?
- My goals were very simple - I wanted to play better and better. In Australia I had their chances against Andy, but then everything goes wrong. I lost confidence after this match, I started working on his racket, I just needed time. I changed many things both on the court and off, and it distract from my goal. Reflect on training on my physical preparation, which at one time was the reason not to play good tennis. I hope I've taken the lessons learned and not to allow the same mistakes again to achieve something better. I have the opportunity to try something new and I accept it.

- How important is this tournament for you?
- I feel good, I know the place, the courts, the people know what worked for me before and I'll try again. I want to use that charge by the fact that I played well here more than once. It will be interesting, the audience here is wonderful, supported me very much and I want to play well, and why not achieve a good result again.

- Here, together with the Swedish coach Johan Yortegren and Franco Davin. Will you tell us what is the situation with your coach?
- Johan came at a time when I needed it. He is a coach, but at the same time good friend, for which I am grateful to him. But it is a job leaves little tournaments until the end of the year and we want to make sure we have the right team. Franco is in my sight for some time, it was important to understand if we look in the same way in the game and work.