Friday 17 October 2014

Press conference after the match with Gabashvilli, Stockholm Open.


"It's never easy to face the player who has nothing to lose. I think this season I played a lot of matches against players outside the top 50 entering the courts with a completely different attitude. Knew that 5-1 was still playing well, but he to raise your level when most needed. only thing I could do was stay in the game and try to find a way to win. 

It was my first match in the tournament, and he is never easy. I am glad that I was able to close the game in straight sets. It is generally felt comfortable on the court and hitting the ball. Of course, I congratulate him for several performances that make the right time. It is my opinion about the game'' said Grigor. 

"It is never easy to start the tournament if his champion last season or not. First matches are always difficult, you have to find the rhythm and focus on the right places. Wanted to just get out there and play well. This was my only purpose. did not think about the end result or that I am the defending champion. pleased with the game, I'm happy with his performance, and his victory is a victory, "added the Bulgarian, who was asked about the chances to qualify for London''.

. "It is difficult to say anything now, when they start Masters in Paris, and then everyone will start to believe every speck For years now very well and should not panic with thoughts such as :." Oh God, I can not go to the Masters "or something. Focuses on what I can improve my game every time I go out on the pitch to show better tennis and working on the things I did during the season. Currently, it is most important to me and I'm sure that when it comes to Paris, we will see what is the difference and what should be done. "

And how is it that the defending champion? ... "It's a great feeling every week I would like to defend the title of the course, the pressure on you more I think it's what every player wants -. Going on center court in the evening session in front of a large audience this is your gives you wings," .

Today Grigor will play against Jack Sock on Centre Court not before 18:30.


2014 ATP World Tour Awards Presented By Moet & Chandon : '' Welcome to the nominees page of the 2014 ATP World Tour Awards Presented by Moët & Chandon, where we recognise the outstanding players and tournaments of the tour. Vote for your favourite player now and view the nominees for the player-voted categories. '' 

The former tennis star Stefan Edberg in category Sportsmanship Award voted for Grigor, Federer, Cilic and Nishikori. (The player who, throughout the year, conducted himself at the highest level of professionalism and integrity, who competed with his fellow players with the utmost spirit of fairness and who promoted the game through his off-court activities.)