Tuesday 14 October 2014

Grigor Dimitrov: ''My next goal is Top 5''

As expected, Grigor Dimitrov is the most interesting interlocutor for journalists in Stockholm. Bulgarian interviewed prominent local reporter, whom he has known for several years. Grigor talks about his expectations from the tournament and the next big goals in his career.



Q. How is the return to Stockholm? I can say that here is like a second home? 

- Sure. For many years I have been here, and in the autumn of last year, won the first title of his career in Stockholm. So I came with confidence and head held high. It's nice to see so many posters and billboards with my face to return my memories and prepares to defend his title. 

Q. 6-7 years ago when I trained in Stockholm dreamed to win the title ... 

- Yes, it was. I always smile when I remember last year's success and I am very anxious to get back on center court. 

Q. Remember, last year we met after the final? 

- I remember, there was chaos when the meeting is over. It was my first tournament and won very pleased. I fell to the ground. My coach and others also benefit. 

Q. Do you remember our conversation 6-7 years ago while training with one of the young Swedish players? 

- Yes, I have the memories, but has since a long time. 

Q. After earning three more. What will be your next step? 

- I think this is just the beginning. I think this is my best year, I can not hide. The next step is to reach the Top 5 Focused I can finish the year strong, and the next season to upgrade achievements. This will help me step by step, and all will be well on your way. 

Q. What is more important - hard work and trust? 

- It's important. You always have to be sure. The more games you play, the more mature feel on the court. Intends to assess the enemy and know how to approach it. I can not say one thing that is most important, especially if you focus on the big goal. 

Q. How do you feel at the end of the race you are tired? 

- The year was long and play a lot of games, but I'm tired, and I'm excited to have a good finish. Managed to maintain mental and physical health, and I'm fresh, which is very important in these last tournaments. In any case, in which the goal is to win, not just play. 

Q. Would not it be difficult to get into the top 5, because there are names that occupy the forefront of these years? 

- You need to win big tournaments. Everything is still in front of me and I want to improve. 

Q. He reached the semifinals of a Grand Slam. Great was the impetus? 

- Definitely something else. But when you're there, do not think about it. How to think better on the pitch better and more efficiently. I think this is something that I've learned throughout the year. 

Q. What is the first thing he did after returning to Stockholm? 

- I went to a nice restaurant and a walk around the city. Stockholm I know well and I'm happy to look at him again. 

Q. But when you're here, the weather is bad. You can come in the summer? 

- Come and I am in the summer. Generally, I do not have time nothing. Sometimes grim, but it is what it is. 

Q. Maria is here to help you? 

- No, no way. It WTA Championship in Singapore, as well as needs support.