Wednesday 13 May 2015

Interview with Grigor Dimitrov by Gaetta dello Sport

No, it is not easy, poor Grisha. Because always in the sea of fans seeking autographs will find someone shouted out "And say hello to Maria." For Dimitrov is not easy to be a boyfriend of Maria Sharapova because victories on the court are not the only thing people are interested. Under №11 in the world (even reached №8), his nickname is Baby Federer, indicating what his qualities. Grigor gave an extensive interview with the "Gazzetta dello Sport".

- Grigor, how you deal with stress can have such a connection, that is popular around the world?
I try to talk about it as much as possible less. If you ask me something after the game, I expect to be on my game, win or lose, not my personal life. Otherwise I considered a violation of my privacy.

- This is not easy in a world that is obsessed with social networking.
It is. Today, everybody knows everything about everybody. I fortunately little use social networks. I do not care to read what others say about me.

- Last year in Rome did you come to the semifinal and then all summer seemed to get closer to major in sports. How do you feel now?
The problem is that I am very ambitious and always set very high goals. Of course, so do they and rivals. A form can be improved or declined. Remains one sure thing: you have to work hard to reach the highest level, and to stay there.

- In this tournament the last 10 years won or Nadal or Djokovic. Could this time be different name to the winner?
My. Why not?

- How to win these two?
We are talking about two of the best players in history. This is difficult to achieve. I know I need to improve my performance and my goal is to improve and ranking from last year. Which means that you have to get to the finish. This will be difficult. To win here would be nice.

- Do you like Rome?
Exclusive city. For the short time I have to deal with it during the tournament, very loving.History.

- In the second round Fognini meeting for the third time in a month. You win it twice. What do you think of him?
He manages to be two different people on and off the court. Sometimes the game is weird, but seems perfectly newspaper boy. Above all, he is talented and has the ability to cope with all situations during a match. I respect him a lot.

- Are you afraid that the audience may have a role during the match?
I see no problems. Correctly audience in Italy to support his player. In Rome, the atmosphere is always special. Very nice and always serious when you have to face a rival that fans support.

- The most likely track and women's tennis ... Who will win?
I believe that Maria and Serena are the strongest competitors. With the most experience.Those who can not cope with difficult situations. They are the favorites, but here surprises are not excluded.

- What loves doing Dimitrov, when not part of a tournament?
I know it's hard to imagine it, but I like to stay home. Watch TV. Before I used to ride a bike, but now, with this way of life can not, it is very difficult.

- What would you do if you had not become a tennis player?
It is difficult to say. Maybe something related to sports. My mother is a volleyball player and this is a sport that I like. But I think tennis is in my blood. My father is a coach and was the first to teach me. I remember little of hitting the ball against the wall for a long time every day. I was 3 years old.

- Your father gave you this incredible backhand with one hand?
Yes. He loves this attack. I have not tried other. It was his first goal since it became clear that he would try to become a professional tennis player.

- Outside of tennis, what sport competition excites you the most?
Surely matches NBA. This is a great spectacle. I admire Kobe Bryant and LeBron James. They are outstanding athletes. Incredible champions. I live in Los Angeles and often when I have time, I go in the room "Steypal Sentar4.

- Who is the toughest opponent for you?
Nadal, of course.

- Did you have an idol as a child?
How not to admire Federer? And besides, I have the honor and pride I'm his friend now. As a boy I loved Safin.

- And now?
My favorite tennis player is Grigor Dimitrov.