Monday 23 February 2015

Grigor: ''Title in Acapulco is my most important triumph''

"Title in Acapulco is the most important triumph in my career'' - admitted Grigor Dimitrov of his first press conference with the local media before the start of the tournament.
 - ''In general, I do not want to compare trophies, because each of them means a lot to me and helped to develop, but this is special. I realize it will not be easy to defend his title, but I'm glad that I had a chance to try to do it. "
 
Last season tournament spread from clay to hard courts and Dimitrov won his first edition of this surface with a great series of victories over Marinko Matoshevich, Marcos Baghdatis, Ernests Gulbis and Andy Murray that ended with a dramatic 7-6 (1) 3 6 7-6 (5) over Kevin Anderson in the final. This week the champion will begin with 101 th in the world Serb Filip Krainovich.
 
"I've played against him when we were teenagers, but then we met. I know it will be tough opponent. The victory here last season helped me to develop a lot and do a jump from Top 30 to Top 10. Become a better player on the court and a better person out of it. This year, every step forward will be more difficult and therefore I will match to match. Everyone is struggling to show your best tennis and I do not want to set goals for the season.
 Here the climate is hot and humid, making conditions quite difficult to play. Not everyone likes to go out on the court in such heat, but I feel comfortable and I feel that I can do really well. My level is good and I can not wait to start the tournament. "
 
This time Grigor arrived in Acapulco with your favorite Maria Sharapova, who will participate in the tournament for women. "Of course, I recommended it to come to Mexico . It is always good beach is a few meters from the hotel you while you're in a tournament (laughs). The Mexican fans are amazing, some of the -plamennite fans that I have met. To go out on Centre Court and feel this great support unique feeling and I hope not to disappoint anyone with my game. "

Despite the competitive field, Dimitrov felt good about his chances in Acapulco. “It’s not easy conditions,” said the World No. 10. “It’s very warm and humid, so not everyone likes that. I pride myself on conditions like that. I really feel that I can do well.”