Tuesday 10 February 2015


Grigor Dimitrov qualified for the second round of strong tournament "ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament" in Rotterdam, once in the match of the first round managed to save two match points and reached full twist 4-7 7-6 (2) 6-2 against Paul-Henri Mathieu.


"He was always a player against whom it is very difficult to play. We trained together many times, and I knew that I would not be at all easy. At the same time I think that I managed to overcome many obstacles in your way to victory. I I was a little stiff, but it is nice to be back on the court. I will definitely have to improve my game to the next game, "said after the game Grigor, who in the second round will face Gilles Muller.


"Items like two match points, which saved, always key. After the first I hoped that I would have the opportunity to play a second serve to go into move and try to do something different. But in the next moment I was faced with new match point. I was sure that if you save him, I can do better and step by step, point by point I started to get into his head. When I reached the tiebreak, I was very focused, very calm and believe that controlled match to the end, "said Dimitrov.


"It is never easy when you have to reflect the match points, but at the same time it brings you more confidence and positive thoughts, and then excited to go back on the court and show better tennis. Over the years I proved that I dangerous rival. Always work on it to be aggressive on the court, as this is my idea of ​​the game, "said Grigor, who had asked for the conversation between him and the Frenchman after the match.


"I just clarified the situation. I think it was just a misunderstanding. The situation was strange, but it can happen to anyone during the match. Today was one of those days in which this happens, but I think everything is fine. We have not exchanged any harsh lines or something, and it was just a friendly conversation "ended Grigor.