Tuesday 24 February 2015

Grigor Dimitrov: I am close to the next level, but I have to be patient (video)

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGVo9wOLFhk


Grigor Dimitrov will start the defense of their first title in Acapulco ATP500 tonight at midnight local time against Philip Krainovich.Bulgarians release some of the tension with a helicopter flight over the Pacific, which ended with a unique 35-meter jump from the cliffs. And since become the new idol of local thrill seekers, Gregory stood before the camera in TennisTV, to tell what changed for him after the trophy last season and what is expected for this year's race:

- How different is the feeling to start a tournament as defending champion?

- I have to admit, that's great. The atmosphere in Acapulco I like, people are very nice to me and I have beautiful memories that I hope to experience again.The most important thing for me now is to play good tennis, but the season has just begun and I try to make progress in small steps.

- How important has your success here last season?

- This was the first ATP500 tournament I played really well and as you recall - I won. It showed me what I can, poured a lot of confidence. After this year I was not the same, because achieving strong results with every week and constantly beating many class players. My winning streak in Acapulco was the basis for my entire season and at the same time was something we really enjoyed, and this is a rare combination. I tried to keep that feeling and to spend most of it.

- The first person, which celebrated their triumph was Roger Rasheed. How crucial is the impact on the development of your career?

- He was the only person with me in Acapulco (laughs). The tournament was difficult for both of them with many later games and a bunch of things that had to deal with on and off the court. The victory was the result of our team work and they know how much we worked for it not only in the preseason, but any day thereafter. We know what needs my game and try to develop it so that I can imagine a lot more stable. All this takes time and the next level is very close, but to get to it is not as easy as it sounds. You need to stay calm and I'm patient. If I'm healthy physical things will happen.

- What would you say has changed in your game last season?

- I can not point out one thing in particular. My game has evolved quite guidelines according to my ideas about what I want is my style. Greatly improved his conditioning training, so there is a lot of components that make me feel more confident on the court and allow me to win even when you do not show at Quality tennis.

- The list of contenders is quite changed compared to 2014. How confident are you that you can defend your title?

- It is never easy, especially against such a class rivals, but this makes the tournament so interesting. Out in any tournament to show the best of what I am capable of and I have my chances. Players like Nishikori and Ferrer are in great shape, but we are still at the beginning of a really long season. I am happy with the way I left.