Thursday 18 June 2015

Grigor: Comparing me with Federer too early, but I have fun with these times

"I think we started to compare me with Roger Federer too early," admitted Grigor Dimitrov in an extensive interview with Sky Sports. Talent explained that initially was flattered by these definitions, but then they have been heavy at a time and the fact that people speak so it is broke.

"It hurt me somehow and I assure you that it is really hard for a young player to bear such a burden - continue Grigor. - I wanted to prove I am a private person and a player. Now I can look with a smile on these times and to unwind. I have idols, but only role models. For example, my father always watched televised matches of Agassi and Sampras. Federer then came and everything changed. I see in him somewhat because backhand with one hand. "

Dimitrov paid particular attention to his favorite Wimbledon: "The atmosphere of this event is absolutely unique. You arrive a few days before the tournament and it's damn easy, but when we go out on the court feel tension and expectations of the audience for a show. Here fans appreciate quality tennis and support this, which is performing strongly, and this really matters in the matches. I think the victory over Murray last season was the most important of my career, because I achieved a tournament that I love.

Yet I triumph here as a teenager, and Murray was acting champion. The most amazing was how relieved I felt before the match itself. I knew I would lose kakvoda. I do not remember much from my battle against Djokovic in Madrid in 2013. I was so young ... I just started to improvise on the court. I had never won such an important match before and trusted their feelings, although I played against world №1. The way I took the third set was special and this match will remain among my most beautiful victories. "

As the best weapon Dimitrov pointed serve. "But my backhand did not negligible - reminded Grigor. - I never give up and fight to the last point, which is most important. In sports conditioning training is extremely important and should be ready for the grueling matches. The team around It also plays an important role. If you have the right attitude and approach, you can develop not only as a player but as a person.

Talent is not guarantee success, I made a lot of sacrifices to get to where I am now. Train long hours to be able to withstand four hours in matches. It happened to me and vomit on the court from exhaustion, but that's part of the sport that we all have to accept without focusing too much on it. "

Grigor said a few words about his relationship with Maria Sharapova: "To a man, which is also in tennis, it maybe an advantage. You know the problems that can plague your favorite and they have common goals. In this way much easier to see things in a similar way. "