Monday 24 August 2015























Interview Nike Court to Grigor Dimitrov
 
When did you realize that you have a special talent for the sport?
I never thought I'd made a career in tennis, to be honest. One of my oldest memories is when I was 7 and I was playing against players who had 3.4 years older than me. I had not taken it seriously at that time. I was really enjoying it. But then I realized I could make some difficult shots, and then I realized I could do something more in this sport. And around 11, 12 years I won one of my first big tournament. When I got home, I felt like, "You know what? I think I'm getting better and better. " And the next part is, getting to the top.

There uncork a time when you thought you did not want to be a tennis player?
I come from a family of athletes. My mom is un'allenatrice volleyball. My father was a tennis coach. So I think it was inevitable for me to become a sportsman. I only got the one for which I was destined, I think. I never looked back, once entered in the sport I decided that this was to be my only way. I never thought about what I would do if this were not stat oil my work. I knew deep inside that I would be successful.

I am having started very early, what were the players who you inspired at that time?
Well, we only had 4 or 5 channels. And one of my most vivid memories is a match between Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi. They were my heroes. I looked at both of them as my idols. Andre, for his character, and Pete because he had a one-handed backhand and he was a player more aggressive. They were my inspiration.

When you play, what kind of emotions and sensations you feel?
It depends on the game. Tennis is a fun game. One of the things I like is that everything depends on you. Before a few games, you feel like butterflies in the stomach, that is pure emotion. One of the secrets is to know how to control those emotions. It may be a semi-final of a Grand Slam. There is a strong emotion that assails you. I think that's the beauty of this sport.

Do you have any ritual with which you prepare to the match?
There are a number of things I like to do before a game. For example, I always do a shower. In the same shower the day before. I always put my things in the same way Nike. I put the cuff on the right. I always put the right shoe first, and always wear a double braid.

Do you think that to play at a high level is required particular mindset?
Mentality, security, everything - you need to have all this. Sometimes you wake up and everything is going in the wrong direction. Your heating is not good. You have not slept well. Your shots are not good. But if you have the right approach in those moments and you feel stronger in what you believe and what you've worked hard, I think everything will turn for the better. You know, it's your time. You always need to have queesto approach, no matter who you have in front.

In the past you said that you've built your own luck. What it means you are trying to become the world number one?
You know, if you make the center and sometimes this happens when you needed it, do not call it luck. Even if you touch the net and the ball falls beyond, not consider it luck because before that I've hit thousands of balls to make sure that that shot functions. At that particular moment, things are designated to happen. And I think that's how you build your fortune.
It 'also the work they do. And certainly, the approach and all those components that fit together like a puzzle. A volt ache you put them together, you become fortunate.

What do you think the US Open compared with the other three Grand Slams? What would it mean for you to win it?
The US Open is definitely one of the highlights of the year. You see it all around you. You can see the poster of the US Open throughout New York, of all taxis, buses and everywhere. Aspects quell moment. All I want is to win it. And if it happens one day, I do not know how I'll feel. It would be a new feeling for me, and I hope to tell a better day when he has the trophy in my hands.

Many of the biggest tournaments in different parts of the world, making journeys a serious problem. Do you like to travel? How do you face the journey?
You have to like traveling, flying about 25 weeks a year. One of the things that I can never forget is my iPad and a couple of books. On long trips, I always wear my Tech Fleece, a crazy boss. And 'perfect for flying.I really like the gadgets, so I very cables, headphones.

Like much music. What are you listening to today?
I really like the Weeknd. I've never been to a concert, but they are certainly among the favorites. I really like the R & B music. But everything depends on the mood. When I do care, I like to put something slow. And then when I get up in the morning and I take a shower, I always try to pull me up to start the day with a big smile listening to music. In that case, I put a bit of hip-hop. So it depends dale days. But certainly I have a nice playlist.
You grew up in Bulgaria, you have spent time in Barcelona and now living in Los Angeles, all places very different. Like LA?
I left Bulgaria when I was very young, so I can not tell much of that period. I would still go back there one day. But I moved to many places and I have always adapted quickly to each.
LA is very nice for me. I like to live near the water. It 'a place that is relaxed and calm that I need. Especially when I come home after being around for four, five weeks to tournaments.
What do you like most shoes Air Tech Challenge "Hot Lavas"?
Black sprayed and the color washes match very well. Shoes are stylish. You walk into a room and know where they are. Sometimes one word is worth a thousand words. And I think this is what they represent these shoes.


by L'Officiel :)