Friday 24 April 2015


Next week Grigor Dimitrov will continue clay season with the debut edition of the tournament in Istanbul, but before that our best player returned briefly in Bulgaria. Grigor participate in a joint press conference with CEO of "Telenor".

"I want to thank the" Telenor "for this partnership is very different from any I've had before - said Grigor.

- How do you assess the year so far?
- The season is just beginning for me. In the beginning I had difficulties tournaments in which I always thought that I can play well and I did, but there is still quite some time.

- Do you intend to include a new person in your team to work with you and Roger Rasheed?
- Adding another coach or assistant is a delicate situation that all of my team comment, to find the optimal and make sure that the program really works. Recently play more tournaments, travel more, and certainly I need more attention during training and tournaments. Currently considering options.

- Step forward seemed quarterfinals in Monte Carlo or remaining bitterness of the loss of Gael Monfils?
- The match with Monfils certainly was one of those days where whatever I tried, did not work.There are those days and I am not discouraged. I started the season on clay in good shape and had good preparation, which was my goal. I like clay, not complaining, but no matter how important other tournaments, my goal is to play more at Roland Garros.

- You know how much you love their home fans. Is it possible to see you in Bulgaria for one exhibition match?
- That sounds great if it were just me. To do something like this there are many factors, but I hope one day is quite likely.

- Do you expect new meeting with Roger Federer Tournament in Istanbul?
- I do not know, everyone wants to win. Anyway you look at it, the tournament in Istanbul is really strong, but if all goes according to plan, I hope to meet Roger in the final.

- What you came to defend the title in Acapulco?
- I had a good setup prior to the tournament, I had some aspects of the game, on which he had to work. I had a small problem with the missiles, which is no secret. So such moments and this is unavoidable in some matches and tournaments.

- Do you feel more pressure on yourself, since you are a permanent member of the top 15 in ranlistata?
- Voltage always there, but I've always liked him. I am more focused, more permanent. It is difficult to keep 25 weeks of the year constant concentration and in good physical shape.Some days, I've had a lot of commitments during the day and train in the gym from nine to eleven-thirty, which affects the matches and training.

- Is there a special reason for this lower period after Australian Open?
- There are a variety of factors, problems with the rocket took me some time delayed my preparation. It is not easy after the tournament as Australian Open to fly back and start anew on its preparations to enter the entire energy. There are results that do not like, I can not hide it, but from another perspective season now begins. I want to present stronger than last year on clay, then comes and the grass ...

- Can we see you in the team of Bulgaria Cup "Davis" after Wimbledon?
- There is a time before. Many tournaments are running up one after another. I hope I'm in good physical shape, because still need and a little time to rest. Will decide when that time came.

- Are you sure to rocket you play?
- Yes, 95% of the rocket is ready. To choose rocket must go through many phases. I had quite long meetings with engineers and many long discussions and I hope that by the end of the year we will have color and the exact parameters.

- In the last year made ​​significant progress in the world rankings. Have you set a target for which place you want to end 2015 and year and what are your main goals for the season?
- I always aim for the top. If you have good results, you know it is inevitable. I can not say one goal as a whole, because even one tournament can turn your whole plan. Always striving to improve constantly, to play better tennis and learn more. This is the process in which I am now and I really hope to finish the year much better than my current condition.

- What is your view on competition of the Top 10? Career Rafael Nadal starts you down and it is possible to Novak Djokovic made ​​a Grand Slam?
- For the moment, Novak is the best, it is still №1 in the world. I do not know what is the situation with Rafa as a whole. I'm not in his team to know if there are any problems. There are many factors that we can not know and we can only guess. From my perspective, Novak is one of the players who have been extremely difficult to play now. It is very concentrated during the games, which really helps. Physical Novak is in great shape and overall structure is excellent.

- What are the tournaments to end the year on which you intend to concentrate?
- Each subsequent tournament is very important for me. Now will play in Madrid, Rome, then Paris and Wimbledon, and these are weeks that are damn important. There is also the place where you can win a lot of points, but also to see to what extent is currently under development and what more you have to work.

- Could you share how you prepare psychologically for a match?
- Every day is somewhat different from the other. Even the evening before the game, when I go to bed, I start to visualize the entire match, who is my opponent and who were strong and weak traits when we played in the past. I try to imagine the game in my head and how I want to go out the next day on the court.

- In most tournaments you play, there are many Bulgarians in the audience. What makes you feel that support?
- Is unique. Almost every tournament in which I was until I noticed the flags, which really makes me feel even more Bulgarian and proud of this thing. Support especially in Romania last year and in Madrid was amazing.

- Who is the toughest opponent you the Top 10?
- Each of them has its peculiarity. I would not say that I have the