Sunday 4 September 2016

Interview with Grigor Dimitrov after round 3.

 Grigor Dimitrov was pleased with his victory in the third round at the US Open with a 6-4 6-1 3-6 6-2 over Joao Sousa that it qualified for the second round of the tournament.

How do you feel? You need to be well and your confidence is high.
- Yes, I feel better. I played a good game. I had a slight decline in the third set, but managed to kontrolilam all in the fourth. Currently I am experiencing joy to play tennis. Obviously I hit I was good and achieved good results. Preparing for the next game. I am delighted that reached the second week again.

Do you think to lose before each subsequent game?
Surely it is always good to be a little nervous. I love being slightly nervous before matches. I think it helps to focus more on the court. Of course, that after several meetings feel more comfortable. With each game you excited, but at the same time it's just another match.

What has changed in the last few weeks to gain confidence?
- Win games. I think that win always gives confidence. I won quite contentious meetings, which helped me I'm strong in performance when needed. Today I played smart in the important points and when I had to play well. Overall it was a decent game, I'd say. Such moments really help you mentally when you confront your opponent.

Can you share something about your relationship with Danny. What changed in your game?
- Still getting used to. He's a great guy. Firstly it. We have many things in common. The court thinking the same way. We desire to work with each other. I know how to play tennis. Now the question is more strategic - preparing for big games and big tournaments. So far I think we do an excellent job. Simplification - this is the key now. Doing your job and are distributed to 100 percent.

How can you help next match with Andy?
Frankly, we have not thought about this. I've played many times against Andy and know well. I do not think there will be any surprises. I mean - I do not believe that we will hear something new. But we must prepare. It will surely be a great game and I'm excited that I reached the second week. This is a good start for me. And always appreciated your chances when I'm on such a big stage and I've played tough games early and feel good and secure. Physically I'm fine. I'll try to use all my weapons on the court.

You are spectacular player. How do you balance your ability to improvise on the court?
- This is a simplification and discipline to work during training. Especially in times when the result is 30-30, plain, breykpoynt and all of that sort. Super important in these times to rely on things that you have trained and simple to blows. For example - to use big weapons - first serve or her forehand. These things are very important. Some of spectacular, big hits, they just happen at the right time. If you look twice and think about them, they will not receive and will never be a permanent player. Today, for example, a few important points I pulled the trigger with his backhand. It was the right time to do it. I won a lot of these nodes. I am proud of myself and was stable in the important moments.

Do you think a change of coaches in recent years and change your style?
- No no no. You know how to play tennis and play a certain way all his life. When I say "discipline in the game," I do not mean a change of style. I think this is a change of plan and mental attitude. But the change of style sounds too extreme.

Often you hear different opinions.
- There will always be different opinions. People who have no concept of tennis, express their opinion. "Man must not look for the line with his forehand," but things are. It is important to surround yourself with the right people with the right team and the first place you be loyal to them. This is what unites and you know that these people have to listen. This matters, and everything else is just noise.

Talk that enjoy tennis. You mentioned this during Wimbledon. Have there been periods when it was not so?
- Yes of course.

What changed?
- This is a hard question. I think much has changed in the last year and a half for me. Again I fell in love with tennis. Not just because I win matches, but because I enjoy the whole process. I enjoy the work and than to wake up in the morning and go training. I like to do an ice bath and everything ... I think these things really help. Do not think about anything else. I like before a match to complain coach that you breathless and nervous before appearing on the court. These are the moments that I hope to cherish for the rest of his career.

For Del Potro people doubted whether it would return to form after such operations and injuries. Will you?
- No doubt.

It's the second week of the tournament elite level?
I never doubted that. And all the people that are around me also think so. Surely its a long way, but the way he plays this season proves it. He began tentatively year but beating wonderful. This forehand you can close your eyes to hit and still working. Olympic Games helped him further to regain confidence. Only time can reveal the rest, but I never doubted that he would return.

You have exciting matches with Murray. What makes your meetings so interesting and what are the biggest challenges?
- I think like their styles. I think that just fit. There will be many challenges, especially in the match against Andy. I mean that he will be prepared, as always. Murray was very confident at this time and played very good tennis. He knows what to do. But at the same time I know what to do. Honestly, for me it's just another game. As I said, I'm glad I'm in the second week for the first time a US Open. I will go out on the court and I will focus on my game. This is what I want from myself for the next game.