Thursday 7 July 2016

Interview with Grigor Dimitrov.

Grigor Dimitrov dropped out of Wimbledon after losing 7-6 (6) 6-7 (3) 4-6 2-6 Steve Johnson in the third round. Last season Bulgarians won the clash between the two precisely the "sacred herb", only this time the roles are exchanged. Here's the full press conference after the match with Grigor.

Q. The conditions were difficult for everyone. What you've done with them and you felt them as an important factor?
- Yes, certain conditions were tough and I did not play live up to their own expectations. Johnson maintained a good level throughout the match, but I did not do anything special. I am happy that I came to turn in the first set, but then the game was constantly interrupted and renewed interrupted and renewed. But this is part of tennis. I think I played a poor game. I did not adapt quickly enough to the windy conditions. My first serve was not working. There is not much to say, but it's nice to have won a few matches. Not satisfied with his performance, but took a step forward.

Q. Some time passed since the last time I won two consecutive matches. When did you do it here, how did you feel?
- Of course I felt better, but also a little tired. In recent weeks I did not play many matches and he won the last tournament in which it participates. I knew against whom stand up. It seems to me that if we had met in any of the previous rounds, the match could develop differently, but now he plays with great confidence. This helps him to believe more strokes and implement your plan.

Q. At one point in the day, the game was interrupted in all courts except the match Kvitova and yours. It was raining really on the court?
- Really I do not know. When you're on the court you do not think so. But the conditions are quite different. I stood up against Simone court №1, and now suddenly I was №18 and full size court is quite different. I needed a little time to get used to. And the first day of the game we managed to play only seven games. But waiting all the time and came home late, and the next day everything starts again. The situation was the same for both of us, but he proved to be more powerful today (match ended on Saturday - b. P.)

Q. We'll tell you about the coach and your team?
- What do you want to know?

Q. I do not think anyone mentioned it, but we do not see Franco from the beginning of the tournament.
- Yes, I'm alone. Do not try to hide it, things just were not between us and this is the situation. I know how to play tennis, but now I have more chores around the rockets stringing, balls, courts, training. Aside from these things, I feel quite comfortable.

Q. This long-term solution or is it will try to look for change in the near future?
- Obviously, as my coaches are not up to me, I have to find something else, something new to me back on track. I want to grow and win matches. This is my goal and if you do everything the right way, you will achieve it.

Q. Before the tournament you parted with Franco?
- Yes, a week before the tournament.

Q. What is the most important thing for you and your next coach?
- Honestly, I have not thought about it. For the first time I take such a decision and before such a big tournament. I try to stay positive and not to ponder too. I'll give you some time, but the decision was made and I am confident in it.

Q. You are a very experienced player. When you are experiencing difficulties paying you to a psychologist? What are you doing? Is there something specific you take?
- I think you do not need. There are periods when your game is not working. People do not see the process of training when you train like mad for 4-5 hours. Then go out on the court and you can not hit a ball. On the other hand there are players who train 2-3 times a week and go forward in the tournament. So you can never do your bills and calculating. But I think the daily effort exert their influence. Such a person I am I like to train and prepare. When the postponed match me, I was in the gym - jogging and doing squats and I was the only one. And I felt really good. This is different for each player.

Q. You were the last who used rocket with a small head a few years ago. You have completed the process of adaptation to the new racket?
- Rocket is what you hold in your hand and you play. It is something I want to extract maximum dividends. So it depends what you seek and want from the rocket. As I said, all players are different. Roger Novak, Andy or anyone. Everyone has a different style, a different racket other napletka other flu. Everything is very personal to the player. My goal is to make the most of his racket. Even if it means change, etc.

Q. You used the bat he used and Federer - 90-inch?
- I've never played with Rocket Roger.

Q. Size. Playing with 95?
- No, I've always played with less than his.

Q. With 95-inch? Do you still play with 95-inch?
- Yes.

Q. Have you thought about the Olympics? Are you planning something? Podgotvven you? Is there a chance to play doubles with flowers?
- I'm thinking. It will be great. I do not know whether we'll do a couple. It is exciting during the Olympics. I remember London 2012. The atmosphere was great. There is still quite some time. Now I'm focused on the tournament and prepare for them. Play almost anywhere in America and I have to be ready and in shape all the time. So my focus in this direction.

Q. Remember the last time you played in a Grand Slam without a coach?
- "Never" is my answer. I've never done it. It is different. You have to take care of everything - balls settlement of workouts, the car in the morning. This requires energy and effort to do everything correctly. And when you lie down, you wonder whether you did things right. But I'm happy. I feel full of positivity. Mostly because of the decision that I took and then - I can control everything in my way. Do not do it for someone else, but for yourself. I think it is very important to me now - to convince myself that I do for myself.

Q. If you catch "Goldfish" and have three wishes, what would they be?
- To win Wimbledon for sure. To become №1 in the world. The third will keep for a few years.