Monday 2 May 2016

Dimitrov after final - Interview

Grigor Dimitrov was forced to swallow one of the most bitter loss of his career with a 7-6 (5) 6-7 (4) 0-6 Schwartzman Diego in the final of the TEB BNP Paribas Istanbul Open. Bulgarians suffered a series of extremely unpleasant moments on the court in the already tense finale with a 16 break - five times the tear string of rocket him, including one of setbol and one of breykbol ... Enraged by the fifth rupture, Grigor smash the last remaining missile received a penalty game at 0-5 and in practice meant the end of the match. This is what Grigor said at the press conference after the finish:

- It is true that apologized for your behavior, but I had you did to get there? Why did not you take a medical timeout a little earlier?
- Because I did not know how I would feel after a moment I felt pain for the first time. Entirely my fault for my behavior, I'm sorry, that's part of the game. Stupid me, I can not hide it at the beginning of the year I had match point in Sydney, here I led a set and 5-2. I apologize and continue on.

- Forthcoming Masters in Madrid and Rome, along with Roland Garros. What is positive you can get tonight?
- Playing better tennis. It is very difficult to face an opponent like today. I just have to leave everything that happened today behind. Comes another week and another tournament. This is the most important thing at the moment and I can not afford to continue to think about this game and I'm sorry to the decisions that I made today on the court. With such behavior can not be free mentally by the loss and suffering each week.

- What you want to win the match?
- At the moment I can not say what I was missing, and whatever you say will sound like an excuse. It was in my hands. Courtney is very hard to play against tapeworm Diego that moves in this way is difficult. Today, his game went very well and I knew that even with a 5-2 lead me there is still much to finish. I tried everything, but the ball always came back. Always rally ended with a 10-12 beats instead of 2-3.

- In last year you reached the semi-finals, this game finale, next year we expect title.
- Thank you found positive (laughs). Yes, I feel I'm a better player. That my behavior today was beneath criticism is another matter ...